In support of Fathers in Education Day, May 14th and Fathers in Action & Advocacy Week, May 12-16th, Ira Leesfield, Leesfield Family Foundation, far left at podium, and David Lawrence, Jr., CEO, The Children’s Movement, received special awards.
Award Recipients: Angel Almaguer, Jose F. Argenal, Victor Bain, Arsenio Cabanzon, Esteban Campos, Luis Cruz, Gibson Dorce, Armando Fernandez, Humberto Garcia, Joseph Gebara, Aaron Gil, Brother Lyle Grandison, Douglas Greist, Pastor Dr. Dasha Johnson, Vinicio Larios, Keith Lewis, Ronald Mumford, Pascal Nikiema, Jorge Pineda, Kernst Raymond, Lewis Roberts, Jr., Jesus Sales, Daniel Sanchez, Don B. Smith, Lewis K. Smith, Tyrell R. Stewart, Sr., Cesar Suzarra, Randy E. Thomas, Andrew Varona, Johnny Wilson, Irving Zamora
On Father’s Day, Every Day Ten Tips to Engage with your Children and Families.
1. Do something you enjoy which includes your children and community resources
2. Talk to your child so they hear your voice and feel connected to you
3. Show or express affection and empathy whether nearby or afar
4. Give your child opportunities to learn from you, your history, your culture
5. Express the importance of family – “It’s good to be together.”
6, Cuddle and read a favorite story where you make each other smile
7. Include others in your ‘framily’ circle and share stories together
8. Show your pride in being Mr. Dad every day – be involved in all ways
9. Demonstrate an interest in community to make it better
10. Set aside time to volunteer in your child’s school to make a difference for all children
Call and connect with us as we increase father involvement in children’s lives.